Monday, April 11, 2011

DIY / 'auto' (self) repair :: Iliopsoas ;) - the body metaphor

foam roller exercises and text quoted from the body window for the iliopsoas:

"Meditate on the Meaning of (the Iliopsoas Muscle) in Your Life" aka

The body metaphor 

(See Developing Intuition by Using Your Body ) for the action of this muscle, is about moving forward in life, or taking steps forward or the fear of moving forward. It involves big, powerful steps and is about support and maintenance of the body’s posture. The iliopsoas is deep inside the hip and lower back. Chronic tension in these muscles are due to issues deep in the core of your being, deep in your soul. When you do these foam roller exercises for the iliopsoas, meditate on what this muscle area may represent in your life.The iliopsoas muscle is that muscle group with which I personally have the most issues. As I create my second life and move towards my new passion, I want to power myself forward too hard. So my hips and lower back are constantly aching. This is especially true on the right side. Since the left-brain controls the right side of the body, it is my left brain that is trying to power me forward too fast. The left-brain is the thinking, detail-oriented part of the brain, or the ‘masculine’ brain. (If you want to learn more about left-brain vs right brain functioning go to Improving Your Body Balance is Improving Your Life Balance ).
I have to constantly remind myself while doing my foam roller exercises for the iliopsoas muscle, to slow down. I meditate on balance, and going with the flow of life, as I work this muscle".

as quoted from the body window

-m 

No comments:

Post a Comment